This privacy notice provides you with details of how we collect and process your personal data through your use of our site, LifeWithAshleyT.com. By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Life With Ashley T is the data controller, and we are responsible for your personal data (referred to as “we”, “us” or “our” in this privacy notice).
Our full details are:
Life With Ashley T
c/o Ashley Thiesen
Email address: email@example.com
Postal address: 49 Calhoun St | Suite C | Charleston, SC 29401
It is very important that the information we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please let us know if at any time your personal information changes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What Data Do We Collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data that includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact or free consultation forms on our website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send us. We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. We process this data to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- User Data that includes data about how you use our website and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our website or through other online services. We process this data to operate our website and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our website, to maintain back-ups of our website and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our website, other online services and business. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business.
- Technical Data that includes data about your use of our website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access our website. The source of this data is from our analytics tracking system. We process this data to analyze your use of our website and other online services, to administer and protect our business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of our advertising. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our website and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. We reserve the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. We reserve the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites. Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
- Opt-In Data that includes the name and email address you use to opt in to our email newsletter or sign up for a freebie. We process this data to send you weekly emails about blog updates, special partnerships or promotions. Our lawful ground of processing is consent and legitimate interest, which in this case are to provide our email subscribers with free value, market our products/services and grow our business.
- We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you. Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
- How We Collect Your Personal Data
We may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by filling in forms on our site or by sending us emails). We may automatically collect certain data from you as you use our website by using cookies and similar technologies. A cookie is a small data file that writes to your hard drive for record-keeping purposes when you visit this Website. Cookies allow this Website to measure traffic activity on this Website and to improve your user experience.
We may receive data from third parties like analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU and WordPress based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers like Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
- Marketing Communications
Our lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or our legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, we may send you marketing communications from us if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from us about our goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, we may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time.
Before we share your personal data with any third party for their own marketing purposes we will get your express consent.
You can ask us or third parties to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing us at email@example.com at any time.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
- Disclosures of Your Personal Data
We may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require us to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or our assets.
- Payment processors that handle your payments for our goods or services.
- Newsletter service providers that allow us to send you marketing emails.
- Countdown timer tools who use your IP address to customize countdown timers in our marketing emails.
- Third party technology platforms and advertisers that support the running and growth of Life With Ashley T.
We require all third parties to whom we transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. We only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
- Data Transfers
Life With Ashley T is based in the United States, so your information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. While the data protection, privacy, and other laws of the United States might not be as comprehensive as those in your country, we take many steps to protect your privacy.
- Data Security
We have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorization. We also allow access to your personal data only to those employees and partners who have a business need to know such data. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they must keep it confidential.
We have procedures in place to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach if we are legally required to.
- Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
When deciding what the correct time is to keep the data for we look at its amount, nature and sensitivity, potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, the processing purposes, if these can be achieved by other means and legal requirements.
For tax purposes the law requires us to keep basic information about our customers (including Contact, Identity, Financial and Transaction Data) for seven years after they stop being customers.
In some circumstances we may anonymize your personal data for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- GDPR Rights
If you are within the European Union, you are entitled to certain information and have certain rights under the General Data Protection Regulation. Those rights include:
- We will retain the any information you choose to provide to us until the earlier of: (a) you asking us to delete the information, (b) our decision to cease using our existing data providers, or (c) we decide that the value in retaining the data is outweighed by the costs of retaining it.
- You have the right to request access to your data that we store and the rights to either rectify or erase your personal data.
- You have the right to seek restrictions on the processing of your data.
- You have the right to object to the processing of your data and the right to the portability of your data.
- To the extent that you provided consent to our processing of your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based upon consent that occurred prior to your withdrawal of consent.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority that has jurisdiction over issues related to the General Data Protection Regulation.
We require only the information that is reasonably required to enter into a contract with you. We will not require you to provide consent for any unnecessary processing as a condition of entering into a contract with us.
- Third-Party Links
This website may include links to third-party websites, plug-ins and applications. Clicking on those links or enabling those connections may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control these third-party websites and are not responsible for their privacy statements. When you leave our website, we encourage you to read the privacy notice of every website you visit.
- Affiliate Disclosure
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about all links, posts, photos and other material on this website:
Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which Life With Ashley T receives a small commission from sales of certain items, of no additional cost to you.
What is an Affiliate Link?
Many (but not all) of the links on LifeWithAshleyT.com are affiliate links. This means that a special tracking code is used and that I may make a small commission on the sale of an item if you purchase through one of these links. The price of the item is the same for you whether it is an affiliate link or not, and using affiliate links helps me to maintain this website and support my family.
In some cases, I may also use a link and provide a discount code for an item. In these cases, I may still earn an affiliate commission and the price may actually be LESS for you by using this link or tracking code.
For simplicity, assume that any link on LifeWithAshleyT.com is an affiliate link and that I may/will make a commission if you purchase through these links (though the price remains the same for you).
When Do I Use Affiliate Links?
If I post an affiliate link to a product, it is something that I personally use, support and would recommend without an affiliate link. Unless noted otherwise, any product I link to is one I have purchased myself and use for myself or my family.
My first priority is always providing resources to help you create positive changes and experiences in your life, and I will only ever link to products or resources (affiliate or otherwise) that fit within this purpose.
Nature of Affiliate Relationships
Please note that while I personally purchase, review and use the products I link to, these products are purchased from third party companies and I do not control these companies or have a financial interest other than an affiliate relationship unless otherwise disclosed.
For this reason, I cannot ensure that any item purchased through a link on LifeWithAshleyT.com is shipped on time, packaged properly, or that you will like it. Any problems or concerns with a specific product purchased through a link on this website should be directed to the company the item was purchased from.
12. Comment Policy
I make a sincere effort to be respectful, kind and transparent on LifeWithAshleyT.com and ask the same respect from you. For this reason, rude, offensive, or harmful comments will not be tolerated. You are welcome to disagree, just do it nicely.
- Health Disclosure
Life With Ashley T does not have special medical training and therefore does consider ourselves a medical authority. We encourage you to conduct your own independent research. We assume no liability for your use of this website or reliance on any of the information provided.
We have employed our own due diligence in developing information for the readers of this blog. We strive to provide to our readers accurate information that can help them learn more about the topics covered on the website, but we cannot take personal or legal responsibility for your use of this information. t is our sincere desire to continue to provide quality information as it relates to the subject matter reported on and covered in this website and it is our aim to provide accurate information. We cannot assure you that all of the information provided will always be accurate or up to date, nor can we take responsibility for your use of this information.
We present the information at our website in an effort to assist your research efforts. If we make any comments or observations that are taken in offense by an individual, it is not our intent to offend any religion or ethnic group, organization, company, club or association or any individual, or anyone or anything.
This website may inadvertently link to material that is offensive to others and we in no way condone such material or endorse or take responsibility for such material.
It is not our intention to do any harm to any individual or any other entity; or to injure, defame or libel anyone. If anyone uses our tips, advice, techniques, best practices, ideas, and/or recommendations, and are injured or harmed in anyway, then we are not to be held responsible in anyway.
14. Copyright and Rights Reserved
All of the information on this website, including images, text, audio, video, and other forms of content (including the information in this affiliate disclosure) is Copyright © LifeWithAshleyT.com 2018-2019 and may not be downloaded, reproduced, republished or otherwise copied without express written permission of the author and of LifeWithAshleyT.com.
The Website and all of its Content and the selection and arrangement thereof, is protected as a compilation owned by Life With Ashley T and LifeWithAshleyT.com under the copyright laws of the United States and other countries. Life With Ashley T may change the Website or delete any content, features, or services at any time, in any way, for any or no reason. Life With Ashley T reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and the Content.