Who doesn’t love a good bag of popcorn, especially when it’s covered in chocolate and sprinkles?! I recently made this dye free, GMO free Party Popcorn for my daughter’s rainbow birthday, and it was a BIG hit!! Parents and kids alike were munching down on it and asking for the recipe.
The good news: it’s pretty quick and easy! Make sure you prep your workspace ahead of time and minimize distractions (ahem, needy kiddos) because you do have to move quickly.
Dye Free Party Popcorn
- 12 oz freshly popped popcorn We only buy GMO free and it tastes SO much better
- 10 oz white chocolate melting wafers
- 2 oz sprinkles We choose dye free!
- Take 1/4 of the popped popcorn and place in a large bowl.
- Melt 1/4 of the chocolate melts according to the package (generally 30 seconds and then check to see if melted). Once melted, pour onto the bowl of popcorn.
- Use either a wooden spoon or clean hands to mix the chocolate into the popcorn until covered.
- Quickly spread popcorn mixture onto a covered baking sheet and sprinkle on sprinkles while the chocolate is still melted.
- Allow popcorn to harden and transfer into an airtight container until party time!
I ordered most of my ingredients from Amazon (why wouldn’t you!?), and this is what I used:
- GMO-free popcorn (if you don’t have a popcorn maker, this is a great, affordable one, and your popcorn will turn out tasting so much better than the bagged form!)
- White chocolate melting wafers
- India Tree Dye Free Sprinkles (if you want to buy in bulk, this is the exact one I have)
- Popcorn boxes
If you’re not dye free in your home, check out why we are! If it’s not important to you, you can definitely use traditional sprinkles and mix up the styles with different flavors and colors of melting candy and sprinkles. The options are limitless!! I think customizing your colors to your favorite sports team would be SO fun!!
Let me know if you make this party popcorn!! I’d love to hear how it turned out!